Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Princess Emma

While shopping at Babies R Us this week, Emma decided that she was old enough to pick out her own clothes.... She reached for one outfit, proclaiming "I wan dis one Mommy." I told her, "yes, I like that one too, but its for teeny tiny babies." Emma: "Teeny baby?" Me: "Yes, teeny babies. Are you a teeny baby Emma?" Emma: "No!" Me: "Well, what are you?" Emma... "A princess!" I was laughing so hard at her. That girl is definitely coming into her own and developing her own identity. As funny as the story goes, I realized later that I may have misunderstood the princess proclamation... We continued through the store and she kept pointing at outfits and calling them "princess." The next morning I asked Emma what she wanted to wear to school that day and she responded with her usual "A pink dress!" So "princess" may have actually been "pink dress." In either case, Emma sure knows what she wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment