Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, February 28, 2011

Dance Dimensions...







Emma has been asking me lately if she can take dance classes. Last Thursday we drove out to Grand Terrace for a free trial class at Dance Dimensions. Under the (accurate!) assumption that Emma is a little more rowdy and active than most ballerinas, I signed her up for a Jazz/ HipHop/ Tumbling combo class. She was so excited and did well for the warm up stretches. As soon as the music started though, she covered her ears with her hands and refused to participate. She later told me that it was "too loud and NOT how dance class should be." And once they began the actual dancing routine? Total no-go. It was supposed to be a little hip hop routine that started with one arm outstretched and the other hand over their mouth beat boxing. Emma just stood still and would not participate. One of the teachers tried to help her and she shrugged her off. The teacher asked if she wanted to come out in the lobby with me and watch through the window and she did. Later, when I asked why she had refused to do the dance, Emma was very indignant. She looked at me and incredulously asked, "With the spitting? You want me to spit in my hand?! That's germs Mom!!" Lol. Too funny. Once the teachers brought out the gym mats, Emma wanted to go back in. She did great for the remainder of the class and LOVED all the tumbling. Maybe gymnastics classes will be the way to go instead...

No comments:

Post a Comment