Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, May 20, 2013

Cali-Girl!!!






















Well, we  made it. This past weekend was Cali-girl. This was the 2 day, all expenses paid, Disneyland trip that Emma wanted so much and that we sold so many cookies to be able to attend. What was really cool was that, since Em is still a Daisy (and needs a 1:1 chaperone), I got to go too! We had 8 girls from our troop earn this trip and 5 moms/ chaperones, so we had a great group. But we were only one small part of the whole trip. Total, there were 1200 girls who earned the trip and over 400 chaperones. Whew! We took over the park!!
We were up and at check-in at Cal State at 5am Saturday morning. Then we boarded the buses to Disneyland for the awards, pictures, and then set off to explore the parks. We had 2 fun-filled days full of laughs, rides, waterslides, friends, characters, and excitement. It was amazing. We even got to stay in the Disneyland Hotel overnight and Emma was enchanted by the headboard that played the melody to "A dream is a wish your heart makes" as little lights twinkled like stars... It was such a great trip. In fact, after we got home Sunday night, I asked Emma a few questions about our weekend and here is what she had to say...
Caligirl 2013 Weekend, according to Emma...
- Best Ride? ... "Tower of Terror."
- Most exciting part? ... Getting ready to get on the bus to go to Disneyland and I didn't know what we were going to do first.
- Most Fun part? ... Playing in the waterpark & being "swim buddies" with Alison.
- Silliest part? ... When Gina kept tickling me trying to make me laugh & I was trying not to.
- Happiest-in-my-heart part? ... Getting to spend the whole weekend with you, Mommy!
- Saddest part? ... I missed TJ.
- Best Hotel part? .. Being roomates with Jayden.
- Best food? ... My pretzel with cheese dip and I mixed in mustard too.
- Most Relaxing part? ... Going to sleep in the hotel with the fireworks lights on the wall.
- Most Exhausted part? ... Riding home on the bus today.
Best part? ... Being silly with my friends. I really like Jayden & Alison & Alivia & Rachel & Madisen & Caty & Briana, Mommy! We are all friends even though some of us are Daisies & some are Brownies...

No comments:

Post a Comment