Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Chef Emma

First we pour the cornbread mix into a bowl...

Add some eggs and milk...

Then stir, stir, stir!

Lately Emma has taken to wanting to "help" me in the kitchen as I make dinner. Today I had left beans simmering all day to make homemade chili and decided we would have cornbread with it too. Of course Emma wanted to help again. So I let her. She helped grease the pan, opened the boxes herself, and dumped them into the bowl (with only minimal spills). I cracked the eggs into a cup and measured the milk, but she poured them both in and did most of the mixing - other than a couple final stirs to make sure all was combined before I poured it in the pan. So I would consider this Emma's 1st true "cooking" experience... And she did a great job! The cornbread turned out really tasty!

She is growing up so fast and its neat to be able to have her in the kitchen with me and see how excited she gets to be able to help. Emma is just a wonderful daughter and I am so blessed to have her in my life...

No comments:

Post a Comment