Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 24, 2009

Santa Scribbles...


Today was the first day that Emma "drew" something on her own, without a pre-cut shape, template, or coloring book page etc, and described it to me...

We were on our way to a playdate this afternoon and Emma wanted to draw, as usual. So I gave her her notepad and a pen. She drew quietly for a few minutes and then said, "Here you go Mommy." I asked her if she was done and she said "yes." So I reached into the backseat and got the pen and pad she was handing me. I glanced down at the scribble and asked Emma, "Did you make this?" She said "uh-huh" as she nodded, so I asked her what it was. She responded with , "Is ho-ho-ho... Merry mis-mis!" I said, "What?" And she again told me "I daw ho-ho-ho!" So I said "Oh! You drew Santa Claus?" And Emma was so happy that I really understood her and her picture. She just giggled and said "Yes Mommy! Sana Taws! Ho-ho-ho! Merry Mis-mis!" That little girl loves Santa! I love it! Christmas in August... Emma is SO my daughter!

.

1 comment: