Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The World According To Emma...

Just some more recent anecdotes from my lil ray of sunshine...

Emma corrected me on my grammar last week. Yes, I work in a school but my 3 year old felt the need to correct my grammar! We were sitting on my bed one evening and I was teasing her and tickling her as I kept calling her "my little booger-butts" as in "I'm gonna get my little booger butts!" Finally she stopped playing, sighed, and looked at me very seriously as she informed me, "Mom, I am a person. I am not people. I have one butt, not butts. I am your booger BUTT not your booger BUTTS!" Lol. This kid is too smart for her own good. I think I'm in trouble...

A few days ago I got to the school to pick up Emma right at snack time, as usual. I sat down with her to give her some time to finish her food. There was another little (annoying) boy seated at the table who yells and calls out to me everytime I pick Emma up. Funny enough, his name is Damien... go figure. Anyway, Damien felt the need as usual to correct the other kids on anything they said and to control the conversation. During a lull in the conversation he all of a sudden looked at me, pointed at Emma, and informed me, "She's not 4!" I told him I knew that. Then he told me that he WAS 4. Then it was about how he would go to Kindergarten when he was 5 etc etc etc. All the kids at the table are now talking about "getting big and turning 5 and going to kindergarten." Emma has been quiet through most of this. Then she announced to the group, "My Grandma has a garden! But its just a regular garden, not a kinder garden. I help her pick tomatoes in her garden." Too cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment