Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 27, 2011

Aloha!




Friday was "Hawaiian Day" at Emma's preschool! She dressed up in a cute little flowered dress and I did her hair with flower too. She looked very island-y! They played hula games, and sang songs, and had ice cream sundaes too! What a fun day.

Then, when I picked her up, I told her we were going out for a "Mommy-daughter" afternoon and she was so excited. To make it even better, it was a FREE mommy-daughter day. It was "free banana milkshake day" at Bakers so that was our first stop. Then it was off to the movies where Emma chose to see the new Smurfs movie. Talk about a mind trip - I loved Smurfs when I was little. :). Well, we had 2 passes for the local theater that Emma had won at the library, so that made our show free. I also had enough points on their frequent visitor card to get either a free popcorn or soda from the concession stand. Since we already had our milkshakes with us, we opted for the popcorn. Popcorn, milkshakes, and a movie in the A/C... can't think of a better way to spend a super hot afternoon with my girl. We ended the evening with a trip to the local party supply store to get ideas for Emma's birthday and then dinner at the sushi joint. Sushi was NOT free, but I figured we saved enough on the rest of the day so we could splurge on dinner. Plus the waitress told me that, if I had the all-you-can eat, then Emma could eat free off mine "since she was so little!" Silly, silly waitress! That little grubsnatcher is where I make my money back! Lol. Emma also tried more of the "real" sushi today in addition to her normal cali roll & edamame. Turns out she is her mama's daughter and LOVED the red snapper. Yum yum! I looked over at one point and she had snagged all the slices of fish and left me with just the rice! Lil stinker!

No comments:

Post a Comment