Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 19, 2010

I DO NOT love Southern California Weather!

I spoke too quickly earlier this week. I should have known what happens whenever our weather fluctuates this dramatically, this quickly.My kid gets sick. The same thing used to happen to me when I was her size and, luckily, I have outgrown most of it. Emma has not. She started wheezing a bit Tuesday night. By Wednesday afternoon daycare was calling me telling me that she was coughing so much, she couldn't even fall asleep for nap time. So I left work to bring Emma home and do a breathing treatment with her nebulizer. I decided to skip class that night as well so I could monitor her more closely and, by 1 am, she had a 102.7 degree fever. The fever has lasted on and off since then and is now accompanied by a runny nose and diarrhea. Now its the fever that always throws me for a loop. The wheezing, coughing, gagging, and subsequent vomiting (the latter of which we have had 6 bouts of today thus far) can all be explained by the asthma. But it seems that whenever she has a flare-up, it just lowers her immunity or something and she winds up having to fight off a virus as well. These past couple days have been somewhat rough around here. Emma stayed home Thursday and Friday but I am pretty much out of sick leave so Grandma watched her for me. Thank God for Moms and Grandmas! Where would we be without them??? Its such a relief to know that she is in such good hands when I can't be with her myself. So now we have just been snuggling in bed most of the evening as Emma tries to doze in between coughing fits. I feel so bad for my girl when she is sick, but I do love how snuggly she gets when she is. Seems like being sick is the only time my little whirlwind slows down. So, I think we will stay close to home this weekend. Lots of juice, crackers, movies, and cuddle time. Hopefully she will make a speedy recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment