Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Emma & Mommy Day!






I wasn't really feeling the Father's Day deal this year. The past couple of years have been fine, but this 0ne was getting to me for some reason. Maybe because Emma brought home a Father's Day Card and, when I asked her what we should do with it, she said she wanted to give it to Uncle Tim because "I don't have a daddy... But I have a Mommy who loves me and I have a Uncle Tim! And a Karen and a Grandma and ... etc." Emma really is lucky to have so many people who love her, but I didn't even know she was aware that it was a father's day paper and not just regular art... Anyway, rather than stay home and wallow, I decided we should start our own tradition and have a Mother-Daughter Day celebrating US and everything we DO have instead.

So we went to church this morning and then drove out to the mall in Moreno Valley to see Emma's 1st movie ~ Shrek Forever After. She has been asking to see this movie for weeks and was so excited! She was really good during the movie... spent most of her time in the seat but she's a little small still to keep it opened all the way, so it kept bouncing and she chose to sit on the steps next to my seat for the rest of the movie. Then we walked around the mall (no stroller for my big girl!) and went to Bath & Body Works where Emma got to pick out a new (FREE) bottle of lotion for us to share. We rode a little train all around the mall too and then found a $1.00 book store where we got a new Mickey book for story time tonight. We stopped for dinner after leaving the mall. Emma's first choice for dinner was sushi! But they were closed so we decided on noodles instead - always a good option and ended up at The Old Spaghetti Factory. We had a great meal. I love my little one and her adventurous palate! I asked her if she would like to try green noodles and she was all over it. She really enjoyed her spinach tortellini and I like my crab ravioli as well.

We had a wonderful day. I think this has the potential to become an annual tradition. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment