Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Sushi, Baby!



I've had the past 2 Fridays off as mandated furlough days - thank you budget cuts! - and, since Disneyland has been blocked out for our passes, I've had to find other ways for us to spend our days. Most of the time has been spent running errands, cleaning, etc. Basically doing boring daily minutia. Emma, however, suggested sushi for dinner the first day while we were out. So we stopped in at Sushi Mac and got us each a roll & some edamame to share. She tore it up! Ate an entire California roll and quite a bit of the edamame. She is also rather adept with the chopsticks (once they have the little pincher attachment). We had a great time. So, when she asked if we could go eat sushi again for lunch this past Friday, I was all up for it. TJ asked to come along and I told he could come if he promised to try everything because I am tired of wasting money buying him food he does not eat. He agreed and off we went. We went to Miyagis (my favorite) where I can get all you can eat for $20 and, rather than a lousy, bland, $8 kids meal for each of them, I had them split an adult bento lunch box. Everything was a hit with both kids, except the cali roll. TJ didn't care for that but it worked out fine since that is Em's fave. They both devoured the miso soup (tofu, seaweed, and broth), the salad, veggie tempura, chicken katsu, and lots and lots of edamame. I sent Karen a text message picture of TJ wielding his chopsticks and her response was, "Really? My kid? The one who flips out if I put butter on his toast will eat sushi with you?!?!?" Lol. Yep, and he loved it too! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment