Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 24, 2011

Legoland 10/17/11





















Emma won a kid's ticket to Legoland from the library during their summer reading program. Of course it was really more of a BOGO coupon. I had to buy an adult's ticket to get hers "free." So I decided to take a few vacation days and head down to Carlsbad/ Encinitas area for a birthday vacation with my girl. We invited Grandma to go with us too and she was happy to tag along. Then, as luck would have it, I was chatting with our school's ASB officer and it turned out she had a couple BOGO passes available for Legoland as well. Since Mom was going to need to buy a ticket to accompany us anyway, we decided to bring TJ along as well since he would be "free" too and it would give Emma a playmate.

On Monday, we headed right to Legoland. Got there before they opened at 10am and stayed till they closed at 5pm. This was quite a feat since I was sick all week as well. I was so tired and out of it but the kids kept me going. They had a great time. They sure are growing fast though... I kept hearing about how some of the things were "baby rides" and didn't go fast enough. This was more TJ than Emma, but they were both in agreement that the "best" ride was the dragon roller coaster. Which I had to ride FOUR times (with a headcold) so that I could take them each on twice. *sigh* They were very proud of getting to drive their own cars though and about having won "angry birds" stuffed animals on the midway games. It was a fun, and tiring, day. We headed back to the hotel and TJ was asleep by 7pm (he was coughing a lot this week too) and Emma by 8pm. I think Mom & I were soon after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment