Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 18, 2012

I LOVE our life!!!

We had such a fun, busy, day yesterday! First up on the list was a trip to Lowes where Emma built North's sleigh from the upcoming "Rise of the Guardians" movie. Then it was a quick stop at the store and heading to a make up gymnastics class. During this time Jon noticed that I had a nail sticking out of my tire, so he stayed with Emma at her class while I went to get it fixed. It's so nice to have someone to help me out and keep me company! Then we picked up lunch to eat in the car and headed out to Orange County where we toured the Operation Christmas Child processing facility with the girl scout troop. I think it was great for the girls to get to see what happens to the boxes they helped fill. There were recreated orphanage dorms & schools and a couple of young women who used to be orphans in Romania who received shoe boxes a long time ago but now they work with the organization. It was so neat for the scouts to hear about the love these girls felt and how they had never gotten a Christmas gift before. I think it really brought the message home. Then Emma, Jon, & I went to the beach for a couple hours. It was chilly out but Emma still had a great time running in the surf and chasing birds in the sand. And we had a fun with her! Then it was a drive up PCH and heading home for dinner. What a fabulous Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment