Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, December 24, 2012

Christma Eve Festivities






Well, Karen had to work today (Boo!) so I was on kiddie duty all day. Emma, TJ, & I had a nice Christmas Eve, even with me fighting a head cold. We straightened up in the living room. baked gingerbread cookies for Santa, went to the early service at church, and had our traditional (slighty ghetto) Christmas Eve dinner at McDonalds. Actually, the kids had happy meals. I just couldn't stomach it so I had Subway. :) Yes, I realize that Mickey Dees is not exactly fancy holiday food. But the kids love it. And I love that it is usually pretty empty, so they get free reign run of the playground. I let them run wild for an hour or 2 and then we head home with them sufficiently exhausted. By that time Karen was home. So the kids were able to open their new Christmas jammies, sprinkle reindeer food on the lawn, take baths, put out milk and cookies for Santa (and a carrot for Rudolph), hang the "Santa Key" on the front door (so he can get in since we don't have a chimney), read a story, and then, blessedly, fall asleep quickly! Whew! Busy day, but lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment