Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, October 12, 2009

Birthday Madness Continues...

So SOME of this MIGHT be my fault for building up Emma's Birthday the past few weeks, but she is apparently not ready to give up the cake... or presents... or undivided attention and doting etc. Here's my proof:

1. On Friday, Emma's actual birthday day, she was chanting "Happy Bird-day" repeatedly. I asked her what she was going to do tomorrow when her birthday day was over. Emma's answer: "No Mommy... Birt-day WEEK!" I didn't know she was even familiar with the term "week," let alone knew that a week signified something longer than a day... My lil smartie pants!

2. Sunday morning I walked into the bedroom and found Emma playing with her new babydoll and bottles. I thought she was singing to the doll, but it might have just been an ode to herself and the wonder that is Emma! :-) The following were Emma's lyrics, quoted verbatim & with all the emphasis she used...

"Happy Birt-day to you...
Happy Birt-day to you...
Happy BIRRRRRRRRTTTT-DAAAAAYYYYY DEAR-EMMA-GRACE-AND-DA-ABBY-CADABBY-CAY-AKE!!!!
Happy Birt-day toooo ME!!!

It was so funny. I wish I had caught it on video because, of course, I have yet to hear her repeat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment