Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Conversations with a Two Year Old...

Emma is getting too smart for her own good, or for my sanity either...

Thursday she woke up while I was getting dressed and looked confused. She said "You shower Mommy? Where we going?" I told her that yes, I had showered, and yes, I had to go to work. She told me "I wanna go work tooooo." (Emma elongates her "toos" when she REALLY wants something). I told her that mama had to go to work and that she had to go to school because shes a little girl and school IS her work. She very adamantly told me "NO, Mama! Is NOT work! They got cots! I sleep at school. Is NOT work." LOL. Made me laugh that she had figured out that connection. I didn't tell her I used to sometimes take a nap in my classroom when I was pregnant with her!

A couple of days before this we were talking about Christmas, again while getting dressed in the morning. She was talking about seeing "Sana Taws." I asked her what does Santa say? Last year, when she was 14 months old, she would tell you "ho-ho-ho!" As she got a little older it became "ho-ho-ho. Merry Mismis!" This time her response was "Ho-ho-ho! Merry Chris-mis! Arrrrgggghhh!" I was confused and asked "what?" She then smiled and said "Santas a pirate!" So funny! I'm thinking that all the trips to Disneyland, with rides on the Pirates of the Caribbean and the Nightmare before Christmas Haunted Mansion, have caused Emma some holiday confusion! She's got her pirates and pumpkins mixed with her santas and sleighs!

No comments:

Post a Comment