Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 24, 2010

I've bought my last diaper!!!




Emma and I have been working on potty training for the past week. She has done wonderfully, with only a few accidents. Even when we went back to diapers for a couple days while dealing with a bout of the stomach flu, she was still using the potty. Yesterday I put her in a diaper while we went to play in the snow. I figured that it would just be too cold out and I didn't know what kind of facilities we would have available, so I should just play it safe. She actually stayed dry until we got to the local park hours later and asked to use the bathroom there!

Emma has been getting upset with me though because I make her wear a diaper to bed at night. I'm just not sure about overnight bladder control and I don't want to be peed on. The top picture is how I found her last night after she went to sleep. She had gone to her dresser and pulled out little shorts to put on OVER her diaper and UNDER her nightie! When I asked her why she had done this, she told me, "Cause they look like panties Mommy." Too funny.

We had been having a lot of #1 success, but some passive resistance for the #2. It has been a couple days now and I was getting a bit concerned. So I resorted to bribery. Emma has known since before we started training that I had a bag of M&Ms with her name on it, just waiting for her to poop in the potty. Today, I reminded her about the M&Ms again. A bit later she told me she had to go, ran into the bathroom, and took care of business like she's been doing it forever.

I'm so proud of my girl! I can't believe she is only 2 1/4. I really thought we wouldn't hit this milestone until closer to 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment