Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Note to Emma...

This has been somewhat of a pensive sort of evening for me... I've been watching the ongoing news coverage of the devastating earthquake in Haiti from earlier this week, been seeing the "Storm Watch 2010" reports as we head into our 4th day of rain, and, through clicking on random blog links, I've caught up on the lives of some people who have endured enormous difficulties lately. And its all just made me think...
I started this blog months ago as a way to remember all the little things you do and say. I wanted a way to have an easy baby book that we could both look back on in the future. And, while I'm quick to post pictures, I spend less time than I should writing about just how amazing you are. So... I'm sitting here, typing away, at a little after 11pm watching you sleep next to me. Little girl, you are remarkable and I am thankful to God everyday that I have been blessed with the supreme honor of being your mother. The way we came to be together was not exactly how the world thinks things should happen, but God sure knew what He was doing and it worked for us! I never thought that one of the most uncertain times in my life would result in the biggest joy I have ever experienced. I love being your mom and want you to always know that. I can barely remember what my life was like before I had you, and you know what? That's okay because my previous life was just a shell of what it has become now with you. You make everyday more enjoyable, whether we spend it flying with Dumbo at Disneyland, or snuggling in bed watching movies and listening to the rain, like today. Even home with the flu, you made me laugh today as we hid in our blanket "tent" or when you looked at me with that impish little grin of yours as you leaped out and LICKED my arm, exclaiming "You're a ya-yee-pop (lollipop) Mommy!" And then later, before you went to sleep, you reached up contentedly, smiled, and told me "I luh (love) you Mommy," ~ those are just some of my favorite moments in our days. I'm sure I told you numerous times today how much I love you, but just in case, here's once more... I love you Emma Grace Marquiss, more than you will ever know.

2 comments: