Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Stubborn as............... her Mom!



Wow. This little girl is as strong willed as the day is long. I caught this picture of her yesterday after she had finally resigned herself to sitting in time out. I had to put her back there FOUR times before she stayed. And then, when her two minutes were up, she refused to come out of time out! What is that?! She said, "no, I'm in time out, remember?" She literally laid on the floor and played with a tissue for an hour and a half before she agreed to talk to me and apologize for her behavior. I can't believe this kid is only 2 and a half years old. The impending teen years do not look good for us... On the other hand, as tiring and trying as my daughter may be, I love her steadfast determination and her spunk. She truly believed she was right in continuing to hammer on the pounding bench after I had asked her to stop and she stood by her guns. Maybe this determination and sense of self will serve her well as an adult... if it doesn't drive me to the looney bin while she is still a toddler. :)

On a side note, Grandma Angie thinks this is just hilarious. Something about payback and raising a child just like myself... hmmm...I can't imagine what she is talking about. I'm sure I was just a pleasure as a child...

No comments:

Post a Comment