Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Fancy Fingers and Terrific Toes!



A while back I asked Emma if she wanted to go get a pedicure with me for Mother's Day. A few of my friends had done it with their daughters who are just a bit older and they all seemed to really enjoy it. Emma? Not so much. She was very emphatic that nobody was touching her feet! Okay, fine. She is only 2 years old after all. I'm not sure this is a luxury I want to start her on yet anyway. Well, a couple weeks after that, I went and got a pedi before picking her up at school. She has been in awe of my toes since then... "What happened your toes Mommy? Why you got flowers Mommy? Who colored on your toes Mommy?" etc etc etc. but still does not want "a yay-dee (lady) to touch my feet." Fair enough. Yesterday she asked me if she could get her toes and fingers painted. Knowing how moody & fickle my child can be, there was no way I was taking her to a salon so I offered to paint them for her myself. She was much more comfortable with that choice. Plus I had some flower decals for her toes and glitter for her fingers. And we all know how much she loves all things girly and sparkly. Emma loves her polish and runs around showing off her fingers and toes to everyone who will look. My "baby" is getting so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment