Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy Independence Day!!!



We celebrated at home today with family, swimming, and a barbecue! We all had a great time and the food was delicious ~ ribs, chicken, beans, pasta salad, and corn on the cob. Yum. Grandma & Al were here, along with Uncle John, Tim, Jen, Katie, Lucy, Bubby, Scott & Matthew, Karen, Todd, Kayla, & TJ, Emma & myself.
Emma gave me a bit of a scare as I was worried she was coming down with some sort of stomach bug, but she is doing fine now. She got sick twice in the middle of the night last night and it continued through the morning. But her behavior was fine so, after a bit more investigation, I've decided to rule it a case of soap "poisoning!" Just think... the little kid on "A Christmas Story" knew what he was talking about all along. In this case anyway, Emma keeps trying to drink bath water at night and I am forever and a day yelling at her to "Stop drinking butt water!" which she thinks is hillarious. Well, last night she got a brand new bottle of bubble bath and we used quite a bit. There were TONS of bubbles and I think she may have ingested quite a few and, thus, today's stomach woes.
So, between baths, bedding changes, cooking, and very little sleep, I realized I had not taken a single picture for the 4th of July. I quickly snapped these as we were getting the kids out of the pool after their final swim of the day.
I was feeling a little bad that we didn't go anywhere to see fireworks, but it turned out to be a blessing. We could see some far off ones from our street but, when I tried to take Emma outside to watch, she flipped out. Turns out she is still not a fan. But we could see the University of Redlands display from my bedroom window, so we watched from there and that seemed to be more comfortable for her.
It turned out to be a great day celebrating with family. We are so lucky to live in a country that affords us such freedoms and liberties. Thank you to all the service men and women ~ past, present, and future~ who have sacrificed to secure these for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment