Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Story Hour!


We went to the library yet again today. Emma loves that place. Today was the family storyhour and craft. This was the first session we have gone to of this program and, oh my goodness, was it busy! I heard the library workers doing a head count so they could set up the craft stations and they were at 68 children!!! Wow. That's a lot of prep work, patience, supplies, and organization for a free program. Emma was a little intimidated by the crowds and preferred to stay on my lap today, but she seemed to enjoy the "Under the Sea" theme. Mikayla came with us too and she liked playing uninterruptedly on the computer for 45 minutes! Emma's friend Samantha and her mom Heather and baby brother Carson came to meet us as well and the girls enjoyed making oysters together. I was just surprised that the library staff was going to allow this many kids to paint in the children's room. There was a lot of mess to clean up afterwards. Our girls actually did well and had very minimal mess and Heather had baby wipes so it was pretty successful.
Then I took Mikayla and Emma out to lunch and with me to run some errands. We finished up the afternoon with a stop at the local produce stand where we got TONS of fresh fruits and veggies. I came home and chopped them all up and we had a "salad bar" for dinner! Emma loved the produce stand. She just ran around asking me, "How bout this Mommy? How bout some pears Mom? How bout some apples Mom? I NEED oranges Mom!" Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment