Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, June 3, 2011

End-of-the-Year Celebration!





Emma's school had its annual End-of-the-Year Celebration on Wednesday. Her class sang a couple of songs - "I've got the whole world in my hands" (way to take the "He" and any religious connotations out of that song!) and some random spanish pinata song that I couldn't even understand but the kids did a lot of yelling No!" and "Si!" during it. Ummm... okay. It was cute none the less. Then the 4 year old class got up, sang, recited a poem, and was announced in a little processional. I also got a book with a few pictures of Emma throughout the school year. It was nice. Grandma & Al, Uncle Scott, Matthew, and TJ came to see Emma too. But TJ fell asleep during the performance. But she was proud of herself and he singing!

Yesterday was her last official day of the school year. Thank goodness! I am so over that place and their mediocrity. The latest news is that they lost her clothes somehow. Yep, apparently "another parent took them home or something" even though they were in ziploc bags inside her labeled bin. Whatever. I am just glad that she will not be returning to that site. I called the main office this morning and was able to get a confirmation that her transfer has gone through. So, effective August 1st, she will be at Allred. Here's hoping things get better. I just want Emma to get a quality education from people who actually like children. Is that too much to ask?

No comments:

Post a Comment