Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day... to me!!!



a


Last Sunday was Father's Day and, since I have to do both jobs alone, I decided that we should celebrate the family we do have instead of wallowing on what we are missing. It was time to take Emma out for a Mommy-daughter day instead. We went mini golfing for the first time. It didn't go over so well. Emma was not a big fan and she also had a bout of, shall we say, "intestinal distress" shortly after arriving. So anyway, after about 3 holes, she had no desire to golf anymore. As fate would have it, I got a phone call from Mom right about then letting me know that she & Al had picked up Matthew and Scott and that they were at a park having a picnic if we would like to join them. That seemed much better suited for us and off we went. We pulled up just in time for Em to score a popsicle from the ice cream man and we ended up having a great afternoon. The kids played nicely together and enjoyed exploring a new park and rolling down all the hills. It was nice.

On a side note, once I got home I realized that I had lost my camera and must have left it at the park. I called Mom and she & Al headed back since they only lived down the street. I really had no expectations of it being found. But, when they got there, there were already people set up at the tables we had previously occupied and they had the camera sitting out and waiting for the owner to return. Will wonders never cease! There are still good, honest, people left in this world. What a great ending to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment