Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Mini Vay-cay Day 3 - Downtown Disney, Movies, & Hotel Fun!













On Wednesday we actually did NOT go to Disneyland! Surprising, I know. But we did go to Downtown Disney. :) Based on our passes, we are blocked out of the actual theme parks for a large portion of the summer, including this day. So we went to Downtown Disney with the intentions of catching an early showing of the new kid's animated feature, Kung Fu Panda 2. Of course, the power had gone out & the theater was closed. So we played at the Lego store for quite a while as I used my phone to search for another local AMC theater. And yes, it had to be an AMC... I had 3 free passes! Well, eventually I found one right up the street from our hotel. So we stopped for lunch and headed once again to the movies. This time we actually made it into the theater and were seated. And then over 100 early elementary school kids came in on a field trip and they were loud and obnoxious and throwing popcorn etc. And their chaperones weren't much better behaved. As we were debating whether or not to complain and leave, I looked into the next seat and TJ was asleep. *sigh* When I looked at Emma's face, I could see she would soon be joining him in slumber land. So we complained, got readmit slips, and left the movies once again. We went back to the room where I made the kids lay down "just for a few minutes" and surprise, surprise, they both took a good long nap. We finished up the afternoon with a leisurely dip in the pool and headed back for a late showing of Kung Fu Panda 2. We eventually got to see the movie. The kids enjoyed it and it was pretty cute, but since when did I get old enough that I now consider 7pm to be the "late show???"

No comments:

Post a Comment