Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 18, 2011

The Nutcracker Ballet









Emma & I had a "Mommy-Daughter Day" today. I took her out to Claremont to see the Inland Pacific Ballet Company's performance of The Nutcracker. She was really well behaved for the entire show and seemed to enjoy it. I was a bit concerned as there is no dialogue and I wondered if she would be bored by all the dancing. There were a few points where she got a bit restless but there was always something new happening to catch her attention again. I think Emma really liked the dragons and Chinese dancers the best. But, when I asked her, she said that her favorite part was "when the sky was a rainbow." Yep. That's my daughter. Paying more attention to the scenery changes than what is going on in front of them. Too funny. I guess that is just the kind of kid she is though. She definitely marches to her own drummer. Take the ensemble for today - beautiful frou frou princess dress and.... skull & crossbones tights. I love this kid. I also told Emma she could choose somewhere for us to stop for dinner on the way home. I suggested Old Spaghetti Factory or El Torito. Nope. She was all set for sushi. It was pretty tasty. Guess it was a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment