Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Where a kid can be a kid!





So, it turns out that I actually do NOT hate Chuck E. Cheese. I only hate going to CEC on weekend afternoons for birthday parties where there are 15 million little baybay kids running around, shrieking and wreaking havoc. Turns out, I actually DO like CEC when we go on a Monday morning at 11am and are one of only 6 or so groups there. Being off from work for a couple weeks, I am always looking for ways to entertain the kids on the cheap. So we headed to CEC for an early lunch with our friends on Monday. Between coupons, reward cards, and splitting deals, I only spent $20 for our portion and that got our 4 kids (Em, TJ, Hayden, & Sophia) around 200 tokens resulting in almost 400 tickets won, 2 large pizzas, drinks for everyone, and 2 all-you-can-eat salad bars. Plus, they were entertained for over 3 hours! Not too shabby. And, being the frugalista I am, I went back to the salad bar one more time before leaving and loaded up a togo box with cherry tomatoes, cucumber slices, baby carrots, and honeydew melon chunks. That box was a godsend later in the day when the witching hour hit and the midgets were clammoring for food while I was still prepping dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment