Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Start the countdown!




I've always liked the idea of an advent calendar for Emma but did not want to do the constant candy of the cheapy chocolate ones they sell in the stores. Nor did I want to spend a bajillion dollars buying one of the awesome multi drawer wooden ones I found on amazon. So I decided to create our own using bulletin board supplies I got for free with a coupon from Office Max. It turned out pretty cute and Emma is getting quite the kick out of pulling down her star each morning and seeing what fun holiday activity we have planned. I did break down and actually buy an additional advent calendar but this one tells the story of the birth of Jesus in 24 miniature storybook ornaments and is way more detailed than I could ever have the patience or talent to create. So we pull a star to see our activity each morning and then we read a short story and hang the book on Emma's mini tree each evening. We are having a wonderful start to the Christmas season around here! And, as an extra bonus, Emma is totally understanding time passage and how a calendar works. She is walking around telling people the date each day. Usually multiple times a day, but that is okay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment