Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 27, 2012

Chili Roast!






Saturday was the annual chili roast/ BBQ/ swim party at Uncle Kino & Aunt Pauline's house. It was a great day with family as usual. The food was tasty, the weather was warm but not too hot, and the kids loved spending the day swimming. For the first time this year, I bought my own 40 pound sack of chili to split with Karen. So, rather than spending the entire day by the pool with the "kids," I had to spend an hour or so peeling and bagging with the "grownups." It wasn't too bad, and I wore gloves, so my hands weren't burning. But (like I told Mom)... "This is a lot of work... I think I like it better when I just open the freezer and find nicely peeled baggies of perfectly roasted chili already there waiting for me." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment