Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The pitfalls of an active social life...

I'm beginning to think that maybe I keep Emma just a bit TOO busy with activities. In addition to full-day kindergarten and an hour long bus ride both ways, she now has Girl Scouts on Tuesdays, gymnastics on Wednesdays, and TBall on Thursdays (plus games/ additional GS events on weekends). This past Tuesday she was excited to go to girl scouts but just seemed to lose steam halfway through. She wanted to go home - didn't even want her cupcake and that is SO not Emma! When we got home I told her she had to have a bath and she didn't protest... again, out of character. Often times I will let Emma play in the tub while I get things organized for the morning, getting clothes, packing lunches, etc. But this evening she asked me to sit in there with her and it's a good thing I did! The kid actually, literally, fell asleep in the water! She laid back to get her hair wet and then just started floating and fell asleep. I couldn't believe it. I sat there and watched as she floated and slowly, after a few minutes, started to roll towards the right and hey eye went under water. I knew at this point that she was definitely out and NOT faking. So I snapped a picture or two and, as the water started to reach her mouth, I reached in and woke her up. She was so tired though that I had to actually prop her up to shampoo and wash. After I dried and jammied her, she was fast asleep in 5 minutes. Truthfully, I was really afraid that she was getting sick. Her behavior all weekend was just so out of character. But, after a full night's sleep, she was chipper and happy and raring to go again! This kid...

No comments:

Post a Comment