Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Kid-isms....

August 17th
Last night I was reading Emma her "Silverlicious" book before bed. Basically, the story is about a little girl named Pinkalicious who loses a tooth & it turns out to be her sweet tooth but the toothfairy won't come visit because she is being a brat. So other people (cupid, easter bunny, etc) come instead. Emma asked me who Cupid was. I told her he was little cherub who made people fall in love. She wanted to know why he had a bow & arrow like the girl from Brave. So I told her that it was because they were love arrows & he flies around shooting people in the butt to make them fall in love. She paused... thought hard... smiled... and told me "well, I've never seen Cupid, but that little guy must have shot me straight on the booty the day I met Mason 'cause I sure love that dude!" Lol! She misses her "boyfriend."

August 8th
So, as of yesterday morning, I decided to stop "fighting the fight" and told Emma that I didn't care- she could wear her rainbow shoes (that lace all the way up to her knees, by the way) everyday if she wants and that I would return the other shoes I had gotten her since she didn't like them. She smiled and said "Ok." This morning what does she do? Goes & gets her other shoes and says she is "tired of the rainbow shoes and their tall zippers today." WTF?! This kid & her mind games are going to be the death of me....

August 4th
Running errands with Mikayla... She just watched me get a $17 insulated lunch thermos for $5 at TRU, a $40 pair of sandals for $19 at Sports Chalet, and smoothies for both of us for 5¢ (yes, a nickle). She just looked at me, smiled, and said "wow Angela, I have much to learn." Lol. :-)

July 13th
O...M...G... Emma's "boyfriend" Mason just called her on the telephone. This has got to be the cutest freaking conversation I have ever had the honor of eavesdropping on!!! (They haven't seen each other in almost 2 months, after having been in preschool together everyday since they were just a few months old.) He just told her "I miss you soooo much Emma! Do you still love me?" She, on the other hand, smirked and said "Wow, well THAT'S a weird question!" Lol. I told her to be nice and she then giggled and whispered into the phone, "Of course I miss you Mason!!!"

July 2nd
Emma: "Mom, when is it 7:30?"
Me: "In just a little while. Why?"
E: "Because there is a show I want to watch."
Me: "And it's on at 7:30?"
E: "Well, yeah... (with a "duh" tone of voice)... It's on at 7:30... Actually, it's on at '7:30, 6:30 Central, only on Cartoon Network'."… I think we need to watch less television around here...



No comments:

Post a Comment