Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Chili Roasting!

Chilling by the pool with Bubs...
Some of us cousins... (I'm in the back with sunglasses)
Mom & her brothers & sister...
Tim & Patches...
Swimming with Santa...
Swimming with Grandma...
Tons and tons of chili...

This Saturday was the annual chili roasting, bbq-ing, swimming, family get together at Uncle Kino & Aunt Pauline's house. Tim & Bubby came with Emma & I this year. We had a lot of fun. There must have been hundreds of pounds of chili being roasted & peeled & bagged for hours. Thats the part I don't actually participate in... no way my hands are burning for days as I wipe my kid's nose or something. So I don't buy chili, but we still come to visit every year. Plus Emma loves Uncle Kino's pool. It really is a wonderful yard for a party. We had a great time swimming and everyone loved the dessert Emma helped me to concoct. It was a strawberry-raspberry-blueberry mash mixed with sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and coolwhip, frozen in a loaf pan with an oreo cookie crust. Then we "frosted" it with more whipped cream and fresh berries. Yum! Emma got a kick out of swimming with my cousin Kathie's husband John... who introduced himself to Emma as Santa Claus. She thought that was awesome! So did I until I heard him telling her that she was just "too cute and could have ANYTHING she wanted for Christmas this year." Wha?!?! Santa & Mommy need to have a little talk...

No comments:

Post a Comment