Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pajama Day!





Friday was pajama day at Emma's preschool. They do this instead of a costume party. I thought it was kind of cheesy, but I guess it saves a lot of headaches for the teachers in avoiding dealing with overly ornate costumes, problems getting into and out of costumes to go potty, ruining them before Halloween, dealing with idiot parents who dress their kid up in overly scary garb. Not to mention the families that don't celebrate Halloween. I mean, everyone wears jammies, right? Anyway, Emma was not put off by this substitution in the least. She was so excited for it all week. In fact, Friday morning she woke up and looked at me as I told her it would be time to get up for pajama day soon. Then she jumped up, ran to go potty, eat cereal, brush her teeth, and get dressed. She was rushing me out the door for once and, as we got in the car, I realized we were actually FIFTEEN MINUTES EARLY! Unheard of for us on a weekday. :) So we got to school and Emma was way excited to show off her new jammies and matching ponytail holder. The kids got to carve pumpkins and make caramel apples, which was very cool. They also do a daily "newsletter" and Emma was very excited to show me that her name was on there and that she had told Miss Johanna about going to the library the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment