Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 17, 2013

My little cheerleader

















Emma decided to take a break from gymnastics a few months back and we have been trying to decide on a new activity for a while. She recently brought home a flyer about cheerleading so we decided to give that a try. She loved it! It's only half an hour, once a week, so it's pretty low key. At the end of each 8 week session however, the girls get to perform somewhere "cool." So... We spent yesterday at Knotts Berry Farm! Yep, that's right. Emma cheered onstage at Knotts! How cool is that?! Grandma, Karen, Mikayla, & TJ came with us too - to support Emma... and to enjoy the rides! Emma's friend, Hayden, joined cheer too, so she, her mommy (Jen), and her grandma (Charlene) were with us as well. It was a little crowded, but super fun. I'm so proud of my girl and her willingness to try new things! In fact, Emma was tall enough to try one of the "big kid" coasters this trip. Mikayla & Karen took her on Ghostrider (a giant, wooden, rickety coaster) while I kept the shorties (TJ & Hayden) in Camp Snoopy. Emma was apparently super excited the whole time they were in line and all the way up till they started going up the first (giant) incline. Then she told Mikayla, "I'm not ready for this! I changed my mind! Get me off!" At that point, there was nothing Mikayla could do but hold onto  tight to her, enjoy the ride, and smile for the picture. Karen had to buy it for me because the look on Emma's face is priceless. She does NOT want to go on this ride again anytime soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment