Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 25, 2013

We can, we can move mountains...











I'm usually up for trying new things at least once, sometimes twice. So when Jen called and asked if I wanted to bring the kids to hike Mt. Rubidoux with her & Hayden, I was all for it. Then  I got there. And looked up... wayyyy up to the top, and I started to have second thoughts. Then we had to wait for an extra half hour because the mountain was "closed" as emergency workers rescued a guy who had been trapped between 2 rocks for 5 days. That's when I started to have "third thoughts." Then I started thinking about how overweight and out of shape I am, and I started to have "fourth thoughts." At that time I figured I would be better off if I stopped thinking and just started walking. One step in front of the other. I was winded, and hot, and tired by the time we made it to the top. But you know what? We made it. :) And I have to admit, I was proud of us. The kids thought that climbing around on all the rocks and the "castle" at the top was well worth the effort of the climb. It was a great morning. After we hiked down the hill, we met Karen at her lunch for work, and then headed home for some A/C and a nap!

No comments:

Post a Comment