Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sea World, part 2!




h








After a trip to the Arctic gift shop (where the girls got necklaces and TJ got a stuffed polar bear) and a snack, it was time to check out the sharks. It was really neat to ride the moving sidewalk thingy UNDER the shark tank and see them swimming right above our heads! Then I TRIED to get a picture of all 3 kids standing in front of the giant shark teeth exhibit, but never could get all 3 of them to look at the camera at the same time. It was a memorable moment though as it turns out there is a very loud alarm rigged to those teeth! I was looking at my camera, trying to see if I had gotten a good shot (I hadn't) when the alarm went off. I looked up to see who wasn't controlling their child and, yep, it was me. Emma had set of the alarm! You wouldn't believe how quickly she hopped back over the railing!

Then I took the kids to see the 4D Elmo show (lame, and Emma slept through it) while Karen & Todd went back to the entrance to try & get us tickets for the dolphin show (all gone already). It was a nice 20 minute break though in the air conditioning and gave Emma a mini-nap before we headed out on the skyride. Every time I see that thing I think I want to go on it. Then everytime I am ON it and have children in my bucket with me and we are looking hundreds of feet down into the bay, I think about how stupid it is to actually be on it! Emma & Mikayla rode with me and they both thought it was really neat though. Miklayla made sure I got pictures of her with HER cell phone so she could text them to her dad and friends. Yes, she is only 10!

Todd & Mikayla went on the Shipwreck Rapids ride while Karen & I took the kids to the touch pools. At first they thought the water was very cold & the starfish were a bit slimy, but both kids really got into it after a minute or two. Emma, my little scientist, also found a shell with a crab in it and was very interested in comparing it to "her" starfish for quiet some time.

We finished the day up at the Shamu show and with a ride on the skytower. We had a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment