Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cookie Evening!






Emma was so excited to bake cookies with her friends in the morning that she begged for us to bake cookies again that evening! Not just cookies though. She was insistent that we needed to make some "gingerbread boys and gingerbread kids!" So we did. It was just Emma, TJ, Karen & myself this evening since Mikayla was spending the night with the rest of the big kids at Uncle Tim & Aunt Jenny's house. There was only one incident during the evening when Emma disappeared to go play while we were still setting up. Usually it would be fine but this time she also snuck off with an entire bottle of blue food coloring! She had obviously tried to clean it up on her own as the entire bathroom sink and soap dispenser were blue, but she soon realized she needed help. She looked like a freaking Smurf! I dumped her straight into the tub & her clothes into the washer. I told her I was upset. She was crying and telling me not to tell Santa. I told her Santa would be able to see it himslef when he came since she was BLUE. She sure did scrub and scrub herself and, amazingly enough, got ALL the blue off! My fingers were still blue from helping her though and, the next morning, she had the nerve to tell me, "Ooohhh... Mommy. You are blue. Santa is gonna see that!" Well why do you think I'm blue kid?! Lol. Ini the end, we had a great time though and the gingerbread kids turned out to be just as much sugary goodness as Emma had hoped for!

No comments:

Post a Comment