Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Happy Independence Day!!!











We had a pretty good 4th of July this year! We all went over to Tim & Jenny's to swim and BBQ. All the food was delicious. My crab stuffed, bacon wrapped, jalapeno poppers went over especially well! I can't believe 100 of them disappeared so quickly. I also figured that this would be the first year where Emma was old enough to actually get a kick out of fireworks so I went out and bought a box of overpriced sparklers. All the kids loved them! Until Emma got burned. Not once, but twice. A small spark got her in the face but she was fine with that. Just a quick "ouch" and a wipe with water and she wanted to go back to doing more. And then a rogue ember fell off her sparkler and got trapped against her ankle, under the strap of her sandal. I immediately dunked her foot in to pool but she still got a pretty good burn. It's small, luckily, but went through a few layers of skin. Emma cried for a bit and I held her and got her a bandage going and then she was back to her old self. I figured she was fine when she decided that she would rather stay and spend the night with her cousins rather than coming home with me! My baby is getting so big...

No comments:

Post a Comment