Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, March 22, 2010

Self Control is NOT Emma's strong suit!



This morning I left Emma unattended for a few minutes while I was busy making coffee and she decided to make her own "breakfast." Notice that she only eats the middles out of the Oreos, which I think is so funny because that's my favorite part too!

A couple of hours later I left her watching cartoons while I was in the bathroom getting ready for us to leave. By the time I came out, she had removed all the couch cushions, stacked them on the floor and was sitting atop her throne surrounded by even more licked-clean oreo cookie halves. I exclaimed (okay, yelled), "Emma! I told you to stay out of the cookies!" Emma just looked embarrassed and didn't answer me.... So I said, "No more cookies! Do I need to hide the cookies to keep you out of them?!" Emma had a very long pause, then sighed, looked at me and responded, "Yeah Mommy. I think you do."

This little girl is so funny! I wasn't even sure what to say to her at that point. So I just laughed, had her help me clean up her snack aftermath, and we headed off to meet Grandma, Uncle Scott, and Uncle Kenny for lunch at the sushi bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment