Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Whoo-da-Hoop!




Emma loves playing with her hula hoop lately, or her 'whoo-do-hoop" as she calls it. For some reason she has just been drawn to these lately whenever we are at the store. She has spied them at Walmart, KMart, Target, etc. and I kept putting her off, telling her "maybe next time" or "maybe for your birthday." Mainly I just didn't want to spend $7 for a plastic ring. Well, as luck would have it, she spied one in the garage the other day while we were getting her tricycle out. I think it used to belong to one of the older kids, or maybe even Karen or myself back in the day. She LOVES this thing and tells me daily that she needs to "pack-tis." I love the progression of expressions I was able to capture on her as she played. You can see the look of concentration and determination on her face in the first shot.... "I WILL get this whoo-da-hoop to work".... still focused in the second shot... Notice the little tongue peeking out as she works so hard... culminating in a look of slight exasperation in the last shot as she realizes the whoo-da-hoop has slid all the way down to the ground again. Too funny. I love this kid. There's just no half-assing it for her. Everything she does, she gives 110%.

No comments:

Post a Comment