Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, June 2, 2012

An All-American Tradition



Yesterday was one of those evenings that I think I will remember forever. Nothing spectacular, just a good ole evening of Americana with my little girl. I took Emma out to see the local minor league baseball team play a game. This is the 3rd summer we have done this, and I think I feel a tradition forming. We always go on "50 cent Fridays" where lawn seats are only $2.50, sodas are $2.50 and hot dogs are 50 cents. Plus, Hannah was able to get us some free passes so that made it even cheaper than usual. :) It was just a nice, nice, evening with our friends. Emma & Sophia played together peacefully, Erin & I got to spend time chatting while the girls ran around the lawn and (occasionally) watched the ball game. They loved when "our" team would score and the crowd was instructed to "get loud." You mean we can scream at the top of our lungs as much as we want?! Awesome! The game actually went into a 10th inning before the 66ers scored another run to win, but Emma was hanging tough and loving every minute of it. After the game, we got to lay out on the grass right underneath an AMAZING fireworks display. I don't think I have ever had a better, or closer, view of a professional fireworks show. It was great. And laying out on the grass, on a warm summer evening, with my little girl curled up in my arms, as we "ooh-ed and ahhh-ed" together... I don't think many evenings can top this one. It was perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment