Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Funnies....

Some current insights into the way my little one's mind works...

Such a discerning palate...
Emma: "Mommy, my bagel doesn't taste very good today."
Me: "Ok, then don't eat it" (thinking to myself that its probably because someone turned up the toaster & it got kind of "well done.")
E: "So what do I do with it?"
Me: "Bring it to me" (thinking: It's not that burned and I need to eat breakfast anyway)
E: "Ok"
... I take a bite thinking how bland it tastes...
Me: "Em, why is your bagel so dry?"
E: (with the sweetest of smiles) "Because I licked all the butter and cinnamon sugar off before I gave it to you."
UGH! Seriously kid!?!
06/20/12

Who needs fancy toys to play pretend???
TJ just ran into the kitchen, flung open the refrigerator door and yelled "You're free Genie!" Lol. Little dorks make me laugh. Apparently watching Aladdin at Erin & Chris's backyard movie night last  Friday made an impression on him. :)
06/18/12

Logic takes no breaks, even on a Monday morning...
Emma just came out of the bedrooms and asked me what we were doing today. I told her I wasn't sure yet....
E: "Why don't you know?"
Me: "Because, for once, we don't have anything on the calendar yet. So I'm not sure what we are doing today."
E: "Can we go to the park?"
Me: "Maybe... I'm not sure how hot it will be today though..."
E: "It's Monday, so it shouldn't be too hot today."
Me: "Huh? What does it being Monday have to do with anything???"
E: "You know, it's Monday, not SUNday.... SUNday... SUNNY... HOT? It's not Sunday so it won't be too hot."
Love the logic. :)
06/18/12

Sometimes even Mommies need things explained to them....
I was working on an annoyingly vague, 50piece, Melissa & Doug rainforest puzzle with Emma... I hate this puzzle because it is a wood frame, so it has no reference picture to work from AND it is a rainforest so the whole thing is pretty much green and you can't tell if the stripes are grasses growing up or leaves/ fronds falling down... So Emma is working on one corner and I asked her how she knew for sure that THOSE pieces go in THAT bottom corner. Her response? "Because I'm working on the jaguar." I said "So?" She looked at me in exasperation and s-l-o-w-l-y explained "And the jaguar must go on the bottom because jaguars don't fly Mommy." ... Wow. Tell me 4-year-olds aren't logical!
06/10/12


Sometimes 1+1 DOESN'T add up to 2, especially when we are talking about 4 year olds & their burgeoning vocabularies...
Conversation overheard between two 4 year olds...
Sophia: We all live alone... I live alone... And Hayden lives alone... And you live alone.
Emma: Well, what about our mommies or daddies?
S: Yeah... them... THEY live with us. (said with a kind of "duh!" attitude)
E: So what happens if you don't have a mommy OR a daddy to live with?
S: Then you're a DWARF!
.... Long pause... Emma looks confused....
Me: you mean an ORPHAN?
Emma & Sophia (in unison): Yeah! A DWARFAN!
06/09/12

Who knew we had moved beyond "knock-knock" jokes???
Emma just asked me "Mommy! Did you hear about the man who lost his left leg and lost his left arm?!?"
Me (with quite a bit of surprise & interest):, No. What happened?
E: Don't worry about him... He's "all right!"
Hahaha! My kid is funny! Lol.
05/31/12

No comments:

Post a Comment