Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy "Father's" Day to... Me!















 Well, yesterday was Father's Day or, as Emma put it, "TJ says it is father's day but I don't have a father so I guess it's just Sunday for me." As is tradition, Emma & I went off for a Mommy-Daughter day instead. This year we went hiking up in Forest Falls. This was a more extensive hike than Emma has done before and she did really well. We walked for about an hour and a half and probably covered a couple of miles. We went up through the forest trees on a path and then picked our way back down along the rocks in the river bed. After a snack of blueberries (freshly picked Friday) and water, we headed back down the hill and went out for sushi. Yum yum. Emma tore through her California roll, edamame, and my miso soup while I had some sashimi and a roll. Next we went to the movies and saw Snow White and the Huntsman. I had some reservations since I heard it might be too scary for small ones. Not my girl though. She wasn't scared a bit, just a little bored during some of the drawn out parts. I thought the movie was good though. Then it was off to Target where we shared a slushie and found some new flip flops for me and new water shoes for Em.We finished up the day by playing in the garden hose out front as we washed my car. All in all, it was a great day. Sometimes it gets hard but, rather than focusing on what we are missing on days like today, it helps to spend time together. Just the two of us, having fun and being thankful for everything we DO have.

I also got home to find this message on my facebook wall from my awesome friend Jen:
I want to wish you a happy "father's" day today! You are one of the strongest moms I know. You are raising Emma to be such an inquisitive, funny, loving, caring, smart, beautiful, special little girl. She is so lucky to have you for a mom. Today is a day to celebrate you and so I want you to know that you are appreciated!!! Happy Day to you! You're awesome!!! Love you my friend!!!
And, after I posted pictures and a description of our day together, these are some of the other comments I got from friends...
--> Oh my, that sounds lovely! You and Emma are so blessed to have each other. :)
-->  Happy Fathers Day to you beautiful woman! You are an awesome Mother & Father.
--> happy fathers day angela :) u do a wonderful job on both parts.:)
-->  Sounds like a fun day....I don't know how you do it all, but you do plus you do a great job and make it look easy when clearly it's not.
Emma & I have definitely been blessed with wonderful, supportive friends in our lives...



No comments:

Post a Comment